One of my favorite dishes that reminds me of the home in my heart is pot roast. This meal usually takes time to make so most people forfeit enjoying it. However, it doesn’t have to be this way. You can make a pot roast dinner with trimmings in under 1 1/2 hours.
- Heat a frying pan, or skillet large enough for your favorite roast on medium high. You can use London Broil, Brisket, or Chuck Roast.
- Season your meat with salt, pepper, spices, and a drizzle of olive oil on both sides.
- Poke both sides of your meat with a fork.
- Sprinkle flour on both sides of meat.
- Place meat in heated pan over 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Cook until steak is browned and flip to cook the other side. Approximately 7 min both sides.
- Place meat in a pyrex baking pan with carrots, peppers, celery, onions, and potatoes.
- Add 2 cups beef broth to frying pan, or skillet, and scrape up pan drippings from browning the meat.
- Pour one cup of this over meat in pyrex baking pan.
- Cover pyrex pan with meat, and vegtables with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour, then remove foil and bake 20 more minutes.
While your meat is baking in the frying pan sauté some green beans. At the same time you can put some potatoes in the microwave to make mashed potatoes. This meal only takes 30 minutes to prepare in total, included in 1 hour 20 minutes cook time. To make it faster put all your vegtables you like and potatoes in pyrex pan when roastin meat in oven. Great food does not have to be a hassel to make.