Mint is a great addition to any meal. Today I found out each variety of mint has different tastes. Pineapple mint looks almost like regular mint, but it has some yellow color tones too it. Plus it feels a little rougher than regular mint.
When tasting it I found pineapple mint is sweeter, and less minty than regular mint. This is a great herb to add to food for people not fond of eating mint. I decided to put some in my tumeric and ginger tea tonight. Pineapple mint made my tea refreshing in a subtle minty way. I could hardly taste any mint at all in my tea. I would definitely suggest pineapple mint to non mint lovers.
One of my favorite dishes that reminds me of the home in my heart is pot roast. This meal usually takes time to make so most people forfeit enjoying it. However, it doesn’t have to be this way. You can make a pot roast dinner with trimmings in under 1 1/2 hours.
- Heat a frying pan, or skillet large enough for your favorite roast on medium high. You can use London Broil, Brisket, or Chuck Roast.
- Season your meat with salt, pepper, spices, and a drizzle of olive oil on both sides.
- Poke both sides of your meat with a fork.
- Sprinkle flour on both sides of meat.
- Place meat in heated pan over 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Cook until steak is browned and flip to cook the other side. Approximately 7 min both sides.
- Place meat in a pyrex baking pan with carrots, peppers, celery, onions, and potatoes.
- Add 2 cups beef broth to frying pan, or skillet, and scrape up pan drippings from browning the meat.
- Pour one cup of this over meat in pyrex baking pan.
- Cover pyrex pan with meat, and vegtables with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour, then remove foil and bake 20 more minutes.
While your meat is baking in the frying pan sauté some green beans. At the same time you can put some potatoes in the microwave to make mashed potatoes. This meal only takes 30 minutes to prepare in total, included in 1 hour 20 minutes cook time. To make it faster put all your vegtables you like and potatoes in pyrex pan when roastin meat in oven. Great food does not have to be a hassel to make.
Who doesn’t love a BLT. You can make it healthy and taste good. Try using your favorite greens, or add cheese. You can also try tomatillos instead of tomatoes. Bread is also an option of with many choices, or don’t use any at all.
Today for breakfast I used 17 grain bread, spinach, tomato, and cheddar to make my BLT even more nourishing. Of course I needed my favorite mayo, and some butter for toasting my bread. Sandwiches are fun to make different everytime.
Months have passed by and I finally found a cure for my sinus infection that worked. Doctors, antihistamines, decongestants, and pain medicine only gave me some relief. My sinuses have drained my energy and my valuable time. The one thing I was scared of saved my sinuses. Everyone has a different tolerance to home remedies. I was scared to try this because as a child I was not fond of salt as a home remedy. After researching, soul searching, and listening to my loved ones, I came to a true realization. Salt nasal rinse is the best cure for a sinus infections. I had a choice to use salt alone, or add some extra things in for assistance. I read what was good and bad, for a nasal rinse. However, one night out of desperation I decided to use what I had on hand at home. I made the best out of feeling the worst, and it worked. People say don’t use iodized salt, but instead it’s recommended to use iodine, and sea salt. I only had iodized salt, and figured that’s killing two birds with one stone so I used it. I boiled some water and mixed my first homemade saline rinse. I made sure the rinse cooled down and was warm before i used it, so i didnt burn my nose. This was a scientific experimental risk I was willing to take for the pain and discomfort I was in.
The next thing I needed was a antiseptic, and a soothing cleanser. I decided on peroxide, and baking soda. As I read more saline rinse recipes, I found the three ingredients to be predominantly the main essentials for a outstanding healing rinse. By mixing all three ingredients with the water, I maximized my home remedy for healing my sinus. On day one my nose stopped running, and post nasal drip surpassed. Day two I only coughed randomly, and head conjestion relieved in my eyes, nose, and throat. Day 3 and 4 made my symptoms decrease in discomfort more each day. Now only 5 days later I feel know the difference in my health. I feel 100% better. I’m no longer taking antihistamines, decongestants, and pain relievers. Now I only use the saline rinse. Morning, afternoon and night, I rinse my nasal cavity daily. Up my nose until it runs into my mouth to spit out, is the way to go. At first depending on how congested you are it may not be easy to rinse up into your nose and spit it out your mouth. But I guarantee you as the days go by it gets easier. This is one of the best home remedies I could ask for. It actually worked. Now I no longer have to breathe conjested all day long. I sleep, much better getting proper rest able to breath. Depending on the severity of your sinus conjestion you can only use salt, or add in tthe other two ingredients. Yes I will say that iodized salt worked fine for me. See salt is great, you know your body, so use kosher, or table salt, depending on what’s best for you.
- For maximum decongestion on day 7 I did the upside down rinse.Even though my nose is no longer running, and post nasal drip has stopped. I still had some head sinus pressure left. I lay on the bed with my head falling backwards over the edge. Squirted the rinse into my nose while breathing through my mouth. I held it this way as long as I could. Then pinched my nose jumped up and ran to the bathroom sink to let it drain and blow my nose. I repeated it twice. Will do this twice a day since I’m only feeling a little congested in my head sinus. But I can breath, and smell through my nose.
- Update 2
- 10 days later and I’m doing great. I only rinse once or twice a day now. No more cough, post nasal drip or runny nose. I can breath again without congestion in my nose. My mucus is clear when I rinse. My smell is back 80%. This has saved my sinus. It improves more daily. I’ll keep you posted.